The 2016 Open Championship
The Open will return to the Ayrshire coast in 2016 when the 145th Championship is played at Royal Troon.
It will be the ninth time that the Championship has been held over the famous links, most recently in 2004 when veteran American Todd Hamilton overcame three-time major champion Ernie Els in a play-off. Sign up to our Newsletter and we will keep you up to date with all the latest news from Royal Troon and the 2016 Open Championship.
The Helen Holm Scottish Ladies Stroke Play Championship 2014 will be played at Royal Troon over 5 days including Practice Days.
Dates are as follows:
Wednesday 23rd April - Practice Round - Portland Course
Thursday 24th April - Practice Round - Old Course
Friday 25th April - 1st Round - Portland Course
Saturday 26th April - 2nd Round - Portland Course
Sunday 27th April - Final - Old Course
The Helen Holm Scottish Ladies Stroke Play Championship has been held at Royal Troon over 5 days including Practice days, that it is one of the major Qualifying Competitions for the Curtis Cup, the winner in 2012 was a major star when playing against the USA that year.
Olivia Winning (Rotherham) is the winner of the Helen Holm Scottish Open Stroke Play Champion 2013. Following scores of 70 and 72 over Troon Portland, Winning survived a late scare in wild, wet weather on Royal Troon's Championship Course to finish on five under par 220 and two shots ahead of Scotland's Alyson McKechin (Elderslie) and Poppy Finlay (Vicars Cross).
View the 2013 results here
More on Helen Holm
ROYAL TROON GOLF CLUB
18 Hole Stroke Play Competition
To be played over the Old Course on Sunday 18th May, 2014
Winner’s Voucher £175
Runner Up £125 / 3rd £75 / 4th £60 / 5th £40
Holder: D Wilson – Troon Welbeck Golf Club
Entry Fee £25.00
Download entry form here
- This stroke play event shall be open to all Amateur golfers, aged 16 years and over, who are members of recognised Ayrshire Golf Clubs with a handicap of 5 or less on the date of entry
- The field will be limited to 60 players. In the event of an over-entry, the numbers will be reduced by balloting out the higher handicap players who will be placed on a reserve list.
- The Competition shall be played in accordance with the Rules of Golf and the Special Rules for Stroke Competitions as approved by the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews and in accordance with the Local Rules of Royal Troon Golf Club. There is a Local Rule in force at this Club allowing players to use devices that measure or gauge distance only in all competitions.
- It is obligatory for all Competitors in the Championship to play with a ball which is named on the current R & A list of Conforming Golf Balls
- In the event of a tie for first place a play off over 18 holes stroke play will be arranged by the Committee of Royal Troon Golf Club. Ties for other places will result in a share of the value of the prize vouchers for those places.
- Entry Forms must be in the hands of the Secretary, Royal Troon Golf Club, on or before 12 noon on Monday 5th May 2014, enclosing the entry money. (Cheques should be made payable to Royal Troon Golf Club). No late entries will be accepted.
- The ballot for starting times will be made available on Wednesday 7th May 2014. Starting times will be posted to each successful applicant. Those Competitors unable to make their starting time require to advise the Caddiemaster at Royal Troon as soon as possible and prior to the day of play. Players must register at least 10 minutes before their start time
- No formal ceremony will be held on conclusion of play. The winner of the first prize becomes the holder of the Hillhouse Cup and will be invited to the Club’s Annual Prize Giving on Friday 31st October 2014.
- The Trophy, with the winner’s name engraved thereon, shall be kept at Royal Troon Clubhouse.
- Jacket and tie are necessary for the Smoke Room and the Dining Room, although casual golf wear is acceptable in the Ailsa Room and the Club Bar. Jeans, tee shirts, training/sport shoes are not permitted in the Clubhouse or on the courses. Trousers and shorts should be tailored and appropriate for golf. Golf shoes are not permitted in Public Rooms.
- The decision of the Committee of Royal Troon Golf Club will be final in all disputes and the Committee reserves the right to vary the conditions of play or entry if necessary.
- A practice round is permitted on Friday 16th May, 2014. Prior arrangements for starting times should be made with the Caddiemaster.
- An optional £1.00 sweep will be available.